Participants in the Explorer’s Program get a real-life look at the career of a Deputy. The goal of the Explorer’s Program Post 373 is to help develop young people into responsible, caring adults who may want to seek a career in law enforcement.
Some of the areas they experience are:
- Processing of a mock crime scene
- Conducting a mock trial in the old court house
- Presentations from our K-9 Officers
- Presentations from our Special Response Teams
- Presentations from the DEA
- Presentations from the County Dive Team
- Presentations from the Medical Examiners Investigators
- 911 operations
- Overall functions of the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a minimum of a high school freshman to age 21.
- Minimum grade point average of 2.00.
- Maintained appropriate school attendance and behavior.
- Must have a letter of recommendation from school staff or law enforcement related professional accompanying your application.
- Limited space available, only those seriously considering a career in law enforcement should apply.
For additional information about the program, contact Deputy Brad Neff at (517) 546-4220 Ext. 4539 or BNeff@livgov.com