Conservatorship of an Incapacitated Adult
Filing Fee: $175
1. Fill Out the Following Forms:
- Petition for Appointment of Conservator and/or Protective Order (PC 639)
- Acceptance of Appointment (PC 571) ( Must be signed by the proposed conservator.)
- Records Check Release Form
2. File Forms:
- File completed forms with the Probate Court. There is a $175 filing fee.
- Forms will be reviewed by staff, and a hearing will be scheduled.
3. Provide Copies of the Following (If Applicable):
- If a change in the conservatorship is requested, a petition to modify (PC 676) needs to be filed with the court along with a $20 filing fee.
- If the ward dies, the Conservator needs to inform the court and file a death certificate. A final account will need to be filed.