Substance Use Disorders Treatment & Prevention Workgroup
This Workgroup strives to ensure a coordinated, community owned substance use disorder continuum of care that is accessible, data driven and evidence based. To collaborate and communicate with agencies, providers, coalitions, courts, police, medical community, schools and community members.
- Through education and prevention, create an awareness in the community about the issues and realities of substance use disorders.
- Develop a professional community
- Develop overdose prevention strategies
- Reduce stigma
- Ensure a comprehensive continuum of care
- Proven evidence based models
- Fill gaps
- Establish a data driven process that can be used for funding, advocacy, gap filling, etc.
Success of the Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Prevention Workgroup is dependent upon the ongoing commitment of Livingston County organizations, officials, businesses, local governments and residents. This dedication to collaboration can be seen in the coordination of services and the willingness to sign a membership agreement on behalf of themselves and their organizations.