Mental Health Awareness
The goal of Mental Health Awareness Workgroup is to develop a suicide prevention plan for Livingston County and to expand the understanding, awareness, and compassion towards the victims of mental health struggles within our community.
Our objectives in order to create a better
- Create a community where suicide is viewed as a mental health crisis that can be prevented.
- Identify community values around the issue of suicide
- Decrease stigma associated with mental illness
- Increase help seeking behaviors
- Identify risk and protective factors
- Identify training needs and develop a training plan
- Identify available data and gaps in data
- Broaden awareness of community resources through collection of current services/efforts
- Develop short and long term recommendations for programming and public awareness
Success of the Mental Health Awareness Workgroup depends upon the ongoing commitment of Livingston County organizations, schools, businesses, officials, local government and residents. Together they work to ensure all county residents are represented and gaps are addressed.