Foster, Adoptive and Kinship Services Workgroup
The Livingston County Foster Care, Adoption and Kinship Services (FAKS) Workgroup is made up of foster parents and representatives from local organizations dedicated to offering safe and supported placements to children that are not living in their family home. FAKS works with families in the county that open their homes to children from other families by being foster parents. FAKS also assists families who are interested in adoption.
If you are interested in becoming involved in FAKS, Please contact Amy Johnston at email@example.com.
If you are Interested in Becoming a Foster Parent, Please call 517-548-0233 for more information.
- To increase the number of inquiries to 75.
- To maintain an adequate number of licensed family foster homes that will accept teens and teen.
- To maintain a sufficient percentage of viable family foster homes to offset the turnover resulting from attrition and/or foster parent adoption, through retention and support activities.
- To provide mentoring support to all licensed foster homes.
- To increase attendance at foster and adoptive support groups and at sponsored in-service trainings.
- To increase support to adoptive families through communication on training opportunities and resources available.
- Conduct fundraising opportunities to continue to support the events and additional needs of our parents.
- On-going trainings for parents to support their roles as the foster/adoptive/kinship parent
- On-going staff training to ensure the providers are up to date with current requirements and strategies to support their families.
- Parent Appreciation Dinner
- Summer Family Picnic and Fishing Event
- Holiday Party for families