Retiree Health Care Payments
MERS Retiree Health Care Savings Program
Livingston County currently provides eligible Non Union and MAPE Court employees with a MERS retirement health care savings account. The County makes a quarterly contribution to the employee’s accounts based on length of service. This contribution is intended to be used by the employee to pay for health care expenses in retirement.
- Full-time, Non Union employees hired prior to March 17, 2003 who are eligible to receive a MERS pension benefit from Livingston County and opted out of receiving retiree health care in retirement.
- Full-time, Non Union employees hired between March 17, 2003 and October 31, 2009 who are eligible to receive a MERS pension benefit from Livingston County.
- Eligible employees covered by the MAPE Court bargaining agreement. Please see your union contract for more information.
To apply, please complete the MERS Health Care Savings Plan Enrollment and Beneficiary Form.
Once your enrollment form is received, MERS will create an individual account for each employee in the MERS Retiree Health Savings Program. You will be mailed a welcome kit with information on how to select your funds through the MERS online system. Although you cannot select your funds until after you are enrolled in the program, we have provided information on the investments below.
Forms & Resources
Nationwide 457 Plan
- Nationwide 457 Plan – Distribution Request Form
- Nationwide 457 Name/Address/Beneficiary Change Form
- Nationwide 457 Enrollment Booklet
- Nationwide 457 Enrollment Form
- Nationwide 457 Payroll Authorization Card
- 457(b) Plan – Brochure for catch up
- Nationwide 457 EZ Enrollment Form
- Nationwide Virtual Enrollment Flyer
2022 1095-B Forms
With new IRS guidelines for tax year 2022, we will not be mailing out 1095-B forms for former employees or their beneficiary who have an HCSP account balance. If you would like a copy for your records, please submit in writing a request by email to Human Resources or by mail to 304 E. Grand River, Suite 205, Howell, MI 48843.
We will furnish a 2022 1095-B Form to any eligible upon request within 30 days of the date the request is received.