Interactive Parcel Viewer
Interactive GIS Parcel Viewer
You can open a zoom window by holding down SHIFT + the Left Mouse Button to define your own zoom extent (level)
Or you can double click on the area you’d like to zoom into.
Or you can use the mouse scroll button to zoom in and out. Scrolling up, zooms in and scrolling down, zooms out.
Search Types Available
- Search by Address (Address Number, Prefix, Street Name, Suffix)
- Search by Parcel Identification Number (minus county code “47”, include “dashes”( i.e. 01-01-100-001)
- Search by Owner’s Name (See search suggestions below)
- Search by Subdivision or Condominium Name
- Search by All Available Categories
- While keying text into the search bar, search suggestions will appear. Search suggestions and matches are limited to 15 results
- Owner’s Names – due to inconsistencies in how data is recorded by local units, searches may require multiple name variations to receive a match, such as:
- First Name Last Name
- Last Name, First Name
- Last Name First Name
- Choose the desired record, then press the looking glass icon to zoom to your choice
Looking Up Parcel Information
To find information about a parcel, simply click on the parcel and a pop-up with information about the parcel will display. You can also search by the parcel number and the pop-up will display when zoomed into the parcel.
Most parcels will have the following information available:
- Parcel Identification Number
- Property Address
- Link to Property Summary Page
At this time, printing information from the pop-up box to a map is not available.
- Click the icon in the upper right hand corner to activate the Legend.
- Legend Layers will change depending on Zoom Level and Layers present in the Map.
- Click the in the upper right hand corner of the screen to activate the Layer List Menu.
- A check mark next to a map layer or group of layers indicates whether it’s visible. (Layers with grayed out lettering are not visible due to zoom level.)
- Check/Uncheck Layers to turn layers on and off.
- Clicking the All Layers Button in the upper right will display a menu allowing options that apply to all layers.
- Click the in the upper right hand of the screen to activate the Print Menu.
- Enter your own map title, or leave its default title (“Livingston County GIS Map”)
- Layout options include letter and tabloid sizes with landscape or portrait orientations available.
- PDF is the default format, though several image formats such as JPG and PNG are available.
- Click Print and a PDF will be generated for you to save and print at your convenience.
- Click the Measure Area Button on the far left of the Measurement menu to draw a polygon (perimeter) on the map and measure by area.
- Click the middle Measure Length Button and draw a line on the map to measure by length
- Click the far right Get Location Coordinates Button and click the map to find the coordinates of a point.
- Click the drop-down Measurement Units Menu to change the measurement unit
- Click the to activate the Drawing Tools Menu.
- Selecting one of the Draw Mode Buttons will allow you to activate the drawing tools. These will allow you to:
- Draw a Point
- Draw a Line
- Draw a Polygon
- Add Text
- For points, symbols can be selected from the selection menu. The drop-down menu shows various symbol themes.
- Additional options include, symbol size, color, transparency, outline color, outline width, text size, and text color. Length and area measurements can be added to line and polygon drawings.