Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
GIS Parcel Viewer
Interactive Map Gallery
PDF Map Gallery
GIS is a collection of computer hardware, software, and geographic data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information.
The application of GIS is unlimited. It has been used to solve problems as diverse as where to place self-service coin counting machines, how to improve the yield of crops in a traditional Tuscan vineyard, or how to manage an entire city enterprise. GIS benefits organizations of all sizes and in almost every industry. The benefits of GIS include cost savings, increased efficiency, better decision making, improved communication, better recordkeeping, and improved geographic management.
Livingston County GIS (LCGIS)
What We Do
- Assist program areas in planning, implementing, and managing GIS applications.
- Define standards for GIS data development, management and distribution.
- Encourage data sharing with County Departments and local units.
- Provide analytical and decision making tools that best meet County needs.
- Standardize County-wide addressing and street naming.