To explore NSI-accredited Food Protection Manager certification options, check out the ANAB Accreditation Directory. All of these companies offer online remote proctoring for the exam.
The Livingston County Health Department is offering ServSafe Certification Courses, including textbook and certification exam. The ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification is nationally recognized and is intended to certify food professionals. The class also provides knowledge of food sanitation to prevent contamination and foodborne illness.
- Providing Safe Food
- Purchasing & Receiving Safe Food
- Protecting Food in Preparation
- Storage, Cooking and Serving
- Foodborne Illness
- Forms of Contamination
- Principles of HACCP
- Active Managerial Control
- Sanitary Facility and Pest Management
- Personal Hygiene and Employee Health
- Sanitation Regulations
2023 Course Offerings
ServSafe Certification Course
2-day class from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Mon, May 8 and Wed, May 10
- Mon, September 25 and Wed, 27
ServSafe Refresher Course
1-day class from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Mon, July 17
- Mon, November 6
Livingston County Health Department
Room D – corner conference room across from Environmental Health desk
2300 E. Grand River, Ste. 102
Howell, MI 48843-7578
Last Modified August 4, 2023