Note: If you believe you became ill from this incident, please see Reporting a Foodborne Illness

The Environmental Health Division licenses and inspects food service establishments in Livingston County. If you have had a negative experience relating to food safety at a food service facility that you would like to report to us, please follow the instructions below. We do not handle basic customer service complaints such as rude waitstaff, lost reservations, or slow service time. Please report these incidents to the restaurant’s management.

For complaints regarding a restaurant, coffee shop, bar, catering facility, or other facility serving food directly to the public within Livingston County, please contact:

Livingston County Environmental Health Division
2300 E. Grand River Ave
Howell, MI 48843-7878
Phone: (517) 546-9858
Fax: (517) 546-9853

Please be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Your name, address, and phone number (you can remain anonymous to the restaurant)
  • Name of restaurant
  • Location/address of restaurant (it must be in Livingston County)
  • Date of incident
  • Nature of complaint


For complaints regarding a retail grocery store, convenience store, party store, processing facility or warehouse, please contact:

Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Phone: (800) 292-3939

Last Modified August 4, 2023

Environmental Health
Livingston County Health Department Logo
Matt Bolang

Matt Bolang
Health Officer



(517) 546-9858


Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closed County Holidays


2300 E Grand River Ave
Suite 102
Howell, MI 48843


(517) 546-9853
How was our service?
Let Us Know