Each of the 83 County Election Commissions in the state is composed of the County Clerk, the County’s Chief Judge of Probate or Probate Court district and the County Treasurer. The Commission members are responsible for the following:
- Authorizing the printing of ballots for use in federal, state and countywide elections, as well as certain school district elections.
- Furnishing specified election supplies (including ballots and forms) for statewide August primaries, statewide November general elections and special primaries and elections held to fill vacancies in federal, state and county offices.
- Holding hearings to determine the factualness and clarity of the wording used on recall petitions.
- Establishing precinct boundary lines for school districts that are contained within more than one city or township in the event only a school question appears on the ballot.
- Making temporary appointments to fill vacancies on a township board, if the number of vacancies on the township board results in the loss of a quorum on the board.
- Elizabeth Hundley, County Clerk
- Honorable Miriam Cavanaugh, Judge of Probate Court
- Jennifer Nash, County Treasurer