Countywide Stormwater Management
- Developed Procedures and Design Criteria for Stormwater Management Systems and Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control Program
- Maintains county storm water drainage
- Performs drainage review
Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Permits, Waivers, Complaints & Inquiries
Community Sanitary Sewer Management
- 24/7 monitoring of all customer calls for service on the community sanitary sewers under the supervision of the Livingston County Drain Commissioner’s Office. Call us at (517) 546-0040. Please don’t use email for emergencies.
Septage Receiving Station
- Livingston County’s Septage Receiving Station is located in Hartland Township along the US-23 corridor and is maintained and operated by the Department of Public Works (DPW) through the Livingston County Drain Commissioner’s Office. In brief, this facility accepts waste from localized septic haulers who pump out domestic or non-domestic septic tanks by permit only. Livingston County ordinance prohibits land application of this waste.
- The Livingston County Drain Commissioner sits on several boards that help manage lake improvement projects in Livingston County. These management boards could include projects for lake dredging, weed treatment and/or harvesting, evaluation, and testing. The Boards oversee the project engineering firm and paying of bills and invoices.
Lake Levels & Dam Management
- The Livingston County Drain Commissioner’s office has management of some of the dams in the County. Usually these structures and lake levels have mandated levels set from the Courts to maintain. In circumstances of extreme drought or rain, the elevations may vary.
Solid Waste Program
- Our Office promotes and encourages recycling and safe disposal of household hazardous waste. The Solid Waste Program offers three events a year to collect household hazardous waste from residents at no charge. Visit the Solid Waste homepage to view our upcoming events.
- Livingston County Solid Waste Program offers a TV and Electronics Collection program twice a year at no charge to residents and small businesses. Visit the Solid Waste homepage to view our upcoming events.
- The Solid Waste Program hosts Compost Bins and Rain Barrel Sales, provides information on composting, and works with local service agencies on projects related to recycling, safe disposal, and education programs.
- Encourages local recycling.