Lake Tyrone Improvement Board
The Lake Tyrone Improvement Board (LTIB) was established under Part 309 of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act (NREPA). Formation of the LTIB was initiated by petition of the residents in 2003. The Board holds public hearings to establish a lake improvement project based on the needs of the lake and feedback from the residents. A lake improvement project could include various activities such as control of nuisance aquatic plants, dredging, engineering studies, plant surveys, aeration, etc. The Board is responsible for managing the activities of the approved lake management project.
Lake Tyrone residents have petitioned separately for two different projects which have now been combined into one:
- Weed Control – This project includes weed control based on lake surveys and recommendations of the lake management consultant. The project was originally initiated by petition in 2003 and was recently extended through 2023.
- Aeration – This project includes installation of an aeration system, bio augmentation, ongoing operation and maintenance of the system, and sampling in accordance with the EGLE permit. The project was initiated by petition in 2015 and will extend through 2023.
The LTIB meets on an as-needed basis. Meeting notices are posted on the Drain Commissioner’s website, at the Township Halls, and at the County Administration Office. As we reach the end of the projects, the LTIB will hold hearings to determine if each project should continue. Residents will be notified of the hearings by letter sent via first class mail.
Scheduled Meeting: Wednesday, October 11, 2023, at 11:00am at Tyrone Township Hall, located at 8420 Runyan Lake Road, Fenton, Michigan 48430.
Lake Management Plan
The 2023 Treatment Plan is currently being developed.
Scheduled Lake Treatments
No treatments scheduled at this time.
- 2022 Lake Management Plan
- 2022 Annual Report
- 2021 Lake Management Report
- 2020 Lake Management Survey
- 2020 Lake Management Update
- 2019 Lake Management Survey
- 2018 Lake Tyrone Study
- 2018 Annual Report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014 Feasibility Study
- 2011 Limnological and Fisheries Survey
|Annual assessment per property||$559.41|