For a flooding emergency on a County Drain, please call (517) 546-0040. Use prompt #1 if calling outside of regular office hours.
The Livingston County Drain Commissioner’s Office responds to calls related to flooding associated with higher flows in county drains under our jurisdiction. Some county drains may be identified as a river, stream, ditch, tile, or a storm water sewer in a subdivision. Some flooding issues are caused by how land is used, and may be a private issue that would need to be worked out by neighbors or civil issue by the courts. Some flooding incidents occur on natural streams or private drains where the Drain Commissioner does not have maintenance responsibility.
No anonymous calls are taken by the Drain Commissioner’s Office for Service Requests.
- NOAA: Current Flood Potential and Flood Watches
- NOAA: Current River Flood Warnings and Statements
- NOAA: Current Local Flash Flood Warnings and Statements
- NOAA: Hamburg on Huron River Current River Stages
- USGS: Huron River Conditions Near Hamburg
- Common Flooding Prevention Tips: Citizens Flooding Prevention Tips