Vital records are available for Livingston County dating back to 1867 for births and deaths, and 1836 for marriage records. The public is welcome to research our records to learn more about their family history.
Indexes are available for review only.
Vital Records Inspection Hours
Monday – Thursday
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Certified copies of records are $25 for the first copy, and $10 for each additional copy of the same record.
The fee to search for a record for an unknown year is an additional $25.
Genealogy Inspection Guidelines
- Researchers are not allowed to search birth records.
- Researchers are required to provide proper identification when inspecting records and must register each time.
- Indexes must be handled with care. They must not be altered, marked, folded or leaned on.
- Researchers are prohibited from using ink pens.
- No smoking, eating or drinking while viewing records.
- Researchers must use the area designated by the Clerk.
- Copy machines, tracing or cameras are prohibited.