If multiple motions are being filed at the same time in the same case, only a single motion filing fee will be charged and applied to all motions. The filing fee will be in the amount of the highest chargeable motion fee.
When Support Motion is filed without a request to change custody or parenting time, the filing fee is $60. If a Support motion is accompanied with a request regarding custody or parenting time, the $100 filing fee applies to post-judgment cases.
Post Judgment Cases (Includes FOC Fee)
Open Pending Cases
Fee Waiver Requests
If you are indigent or receiving public assistance, you may be eligible to have your fees waived. To apply for a fee waiver please complete Waiver/Suspension of Fees and Costs (Affidavit and Order) and submit it with your motion. You must check back with the Clerk to see if the Judge granted or denied your request to have fees waived.
- Call the our Office at (517) 546-9816, to schedule a hearing date and time before the Friend of the Court Referee.
- Complete the Support Motion (FOC 50).
- Complete a Praecipe for FOC Referee (see Forms page).
- Make two copy sets each of the completed Support Motion and praecipe;
- One copy to serve on other party, one copy for yourself.
- Our Office will copy for you at a charge of $1.50 per page copied.
- Complete the Circuit Court Praecipe, Proof of Service, and Motion and Notice of Hearing (see Forms page).
- File all of the above with the Clerk at 204 S. Highlander Way, Suite 4, Howell, MI 48843.
- If filing by mail, you must provide a self addressed stamped envelope for the return of your copies.
- Serve a copy of the motion and praecipe on the other party by first class US Mail or personal service.
- Be sure to complete the Certificate of Mailing at the bottom of the Support Motion, and make sure you have filed the completed Certificate of Mailing with the court. If the Certificate of Mailing is not completed, your motion may not be heard.