Circuit Court Filing Procedures
The Livingston County Circuit Court Clerk’s Office accepts filings via our drop box, email, fax, or mail. Please read the instructions and guidelines below to learn more.
Filings are accepted via the drop box, which is located outside the front door of the Judicial Center at 204 South Highlander Way, Howell, Michigan. For larger envelopes/packages, there is a drop box located in the vestibule just inside the front door.
Send documents to email@example.com. Email filings are limited to documents of 20 pages or less.
Fax documents to (517) 548-4219.
- A cover page is required and shall be included in the page count.
- The document(s) must be one sided and on 8.5″ x 11″ paper.
- The document(s) received shall be deemed to be the original. The sending party shall not provide another “original” for filing.
- Any Friend of the Court or Judge’s copy must be provided directly to those entities.
- The faxed documents must contain a signature pursuant to MCR 2.114
- Documents received before 5 p.m. will receive a date stamp of the day they were sent. Documents received after 5 p.m. will receive a date stamp of the following business day.
- There is a convenience fee of $1.50 per page, which is waived for documents that are 20 pages or less including cover sheet.
- It is incumbent upon the sender to contact the Clerk’s Office at (517) 546-9816 and verify that the documents were received. If there are associated convenience fees and/or filing fees, they need to be prepaid by credit card over the phone at that time. After payment, the documents will be printed by the Clerk’s Office and deemed received. This is the only payment method accepted for filing by fax at this time.
- The Clerk’s Office will not mail or email true copies of any documents or copies of receipts to the sender.
Livingston County Clerk
204 S. Highlander Way, Suite 4
Howell, MI 48843