Fines & Fees
Impound, Board & Redemption Fees
If your dog spends one weekend in our Shelter, it can cost you close to $100, so please keep your dog licensed and at home!
Every owner is responsible for all costs, including, but not limited to rabies vaccine, licenses, impound fees, and boarding. Below are the impound fees. Boarding fees are in addition to impound fees. Your dog needs a valid dog license to be released. We can provide that here for you.
- Boarding is $20 per night for dogs, $10 per night for cats.
- The license fee is $10 if the dog is fixed, $25 if not fixed.
- A rabies vaccine is $15 and will be charged to all dogs being returned to the owner if proof cannot be provided that the dog is current.
- If an Animal Control Officer picked up your dog, you also may be charged a $35 pick up fee.
- Livestock boarding is done off site and is $50 per night, along with hauling costs to move livestock.
|1st Impound||2nd Offense||3rd Offense|
Owner Request Euthanasia Due to Bite Case
Please call your veterinarian first, because our staff are not always available to assist. If LCAS assists, the fee is $150 per animal. If the animal has not completed the 10 day quarantine, the animal will require rabies testing. You must contact the Health Department at (517) 546-9850 and Animal Control at (517) 546-9111 prior to euthanasia and testing.
Dog Trap Rentals
These are used for dogs that can’t be caught. We prefer Animal Control Officers set these traps up, but please call first and discuss the situation with us. Traps require a $150 deposit that is returned when the trap is returned.
Cat Trap Rentals
These are used if you have cat(s) hanging around your home you need to trap to bring in as a stray or for our TNR service. Traps require a $50 deposit that is returned when the trap is returned. Don’t try to pick up a cat that you are not familiar with. They may bite or scratch you. Cat bites typically involve a visit to an emergency clinic due to the type of bacteria they carry in their mouth. Please use a live trap.