If there is an animal emergency, such as an animal attacking a person or a pet in immediate danger, please call 911.

If you have an animal complaint, please call Central Dispatch’s Non-Emergency Line at (517) 546-9111.

You need to know the address where the incident occurred and your current address so that an Animal Control Deputy may respond to your current location (if you are in Livingston County) to take your report.

You are allowed one anonymous complaint on an address. After that, you must give your name and phone number for additional complaints.

We do not get involved in person to person disputes. We are concerned with an animal’s welfare. If there is a dispute between two people, you need to call your local police department.

Animal Control
Jenny Nash, Livingston County Treasurer

Mike Murphy



(517) 546-2440

Office Hours

Monday – Thursday
7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closed County Holidays


150 S Highlander Way
Howell, MI 48843




(517) 545-9627